As we get closer to July and celebrate our Independence, we understand that many around the Phoenix valley are looking for ways to beat the heat. Let Greer be your destination in staying cool without skipping out on the adventures outdoors. This Summer, enjoy these 5 simple activities – some are even free!
1. Summer Adventure at Sunrise Ski Park
– only 8 miles away from Greer Lodge. Include with admission cost to enjoy the following: Zip Line Courses, Downhill Mountain Biking, Suspension Bike Rentals, Scenic Chairlift Rides, Sunrise Super Slide, 3D Archery and more!
2. Horseback Riding in the Woods
– Cost varies based on horseback stable facilities near Greer. Ask our front desk for more details to include this activity on your to-do list when staying at the Greer Lodge.
3. Fishing in Greer
– AZ license required for all lakes and ponds near Greer except for those on the Greer Lodge property. There is no cost associated for our guests who want to enjoy a little < ahref=”https://greerlodgeaz.com/activities/fishing”>catch and release fun on our trout ponds.
4. Easy-Going & Adventures Hikes for All
– Download a free hiking guide with 16 of the best trails in the White Mountains for all types of outdoor thrill seekers.
5. Bring your Toys to Greer
– From mountain bikes, to ATV’s/UTVs, Greer has all the trails for your heart’s contents.
This suggested list of fun for summer activities in Greer is not sponsored or affiliated with any supporting businesses. As nature lovers ourselves, we have gathered a list of things to do in Greer all year-round and other nearby attractions within the state of Arizona that add more fun to your escape to the White Mountains Crown Jewel, Greer.
Anything to do for those in wheelchairs?
Hi Sheryl! Great question! We think the Government Spring Trail would be fairly accessible depending on the type of wheelchair to sit by the river and not take the actual trail. Molly Butler Lodge & Restaurant has a wheelchair ramp, it’s an ideal place for breakfast, lunch and dinner (please call them directly for hours when you head up to Greer). We aren’t sure of the accessibility of the scenic lift rides to the top of Sunrise Ski Park during the Summer and Fall season, but this is worth checking directly with them at 1(855) 735-7669. We have three lakes around Greer called Greer Lakes – two of the lakes are called Tunnel or Bunch reservoirs and are fairly flat with some spots that we believe could be accessed by a wheelchair. Please take into account these recommendations are vague as we do not know the severity of the disability as this would need to considered. We look forward to hosting you in Greer!
Looking for your smallest cabin or log hotel room to accommodate me and my chocolate lab Emmett. Prefer mid week. After the 30th of June as I am taking a kayaking trip. Emmett will always be with me never left alone..looking to do lots of hiking and walking!
Hi Kimberly! We apologize for the delayed response. Sounds like Emmett will love all the hiking in and around Greer or even kayaking. Dog Friendly Cabin 80 sleeps 4 and is the smallest option for your needs. Please check our Cabin Rates & Availability here or give us a call directly at 928-735-2304. Our Reservation team is available 7 days a week between 9AM-5PM.
What’s the nearest restaurant??
Hi Steve! We have a few restaurant options in the town of Greer. We have listed them here for your reference. If the options in town are not what you are looking for, we invite you to visit the town of Pinetop-Showlow (30-45 minutes away) or Eager-Springerville (20 minutes away). Please give us a call if you have any questions – (928)-735-2304.
When are Greer Days occuring in 2022