Over the last year, we know many have grown accustomed to being confined indoors but Greer is looking to change that with old-time family fun outdoors.
The village of Greer is excited to announce that it will be hosting the largest annual outdoor event once again – Greer Days 2022. The two-day event is scheduled for Friday, June 10 and Saturday, June 11, 2022 starting from 9am-4pm and welcomes everyone of all ages to participate in the most entertaining weekend in Greer, Arizona. While many worry about being outdoors in the Phoenix blistering heat, those visiting Greer can expect the complete opposite. At the state’s highest elevation (and among the highest nationwide), Greer is positioned at 8,356 ft above sea level offering cooler temperatures in the upper 70’s during the day and low 50’s at night. Greer’s delightful cool summer temperatures make for fabulous day out in the sun especially during Greer Days! With a barrage of activities including local arts and crafts, live music, traditional Lucky Duck race, boat race, children’s games, delicious foods, street parade, 5k charity run and much more! Below is a list of the festivities set to take place at Greer Days 2022:
- 11 AM – 4 PM AZ MST – Heavenly Vendor Village: Featuring arts, crafts and food.
- 3 PM – 5 PM AZ MST – Silent Auction Item Preview at the Community Center: Visit the Greer Community to take an early look at items up for auction, including artwork, fly fishing lessons, and nightly stays in Greer and the Phoenix area.
- 5 PM – Opening Ceremony: The Greer Desperadoes help kickoff Greer Days with good old-fashioned western shootout in front of Molly Butler’s & Restaurant. Enjoy live music later that evening.
Saturday, June 11
- 7 AM – 5K – Family Fun Run: The popular race and walk begins and ends at River Reservoir, one of the three Greer Lakes. Registration is open at 6:30 AM. Entry fee is $25 and then $15 for each additional family member. Each entrant receives a T-shirt, gift bag and finishing medal. Proceeds with benefit the Dan E. Leeds Fire & Emergency Services Scholarship. More information about registration to be available on the Greer Civic Association’s website.
- 9 AM – Greer’s Great Amazing Race: Round up friends and family members and head over to the Greer Community Center to register and join the fun. Entry fee with a surprise prize.
- 9 AM – 3 PM – Silent Auction: Place your bids on the many amazing items ups for auction at the Greer Community Center. Bidding ends at 3 PM sharp!
- 9 AM – 4 PM – Heavenly Vendor Village: Featuring arts, crafts and food. Also, Friends of Greer Library bake and book sale.
- 10 AM – Old-Fashioned Main Street Parade: Horses and riders, antique cars, fire engines, floats, bands and our 2022 grand marshal.
- 1PM – Lucky Duck Race: Adopt a toy duck and race for prizes. Ducks will be available for sale online starting May 13. They can also be purchased the day of the event, starting at 9 AM. The races will begin at Noon in front of the Greer Community Center. Ducks are $5 each or 5 for $20. Cash prizes for first, second and third place winners.
When staying in a cabin at the Greer Lodge, you are guaranteed a spot in the action as our cabins are right off Main Street where the Greer Days event will take place. Each year in preparation for Greer Days, the Greer Lodge cabins book extremely fast as this is an event that many don’t want to miss.
For more information, visit Greer Civic Association’s website or contact Ken Wester, Vendor Chairman of the Greer Civic Association> handling Greer Days 2022 event.